I can't believe that I missed two whole posts! I was doing so well at not missing a day...and then Easter happened. Did anyone else feel like it felt more like the May 2-4 then April 1st? What ridiculously gorgeous weather for a long weekend! Friday night poker turned into a very large party, with a ton of great friends! After a late night and an even later start to the morning, we got up Saturday ready to get some work done in our backyard. Five people, eight hours, $500 and ten thousand pounds of crushed rock later, our backyard is gorgeous! Thanks to the help of Sam and Ericka, we managed to finish almost all our backyard in one day.
The girls had brought two huge packages of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so we did them up on the BBQ with garlic roasted potatoes, mushrooms and onions. Lacey and Adam came over and we broke out the BBQ and had a fantastic dinner. Sam even made a honey apple crumble pie for dessert (haha). Exhausted (and oh so sore) we got ready for the Easter Bunny and went to bed.
Sunday was a beautiful day. The Easter Bunny had left tons of toys and some chocolate for Alexis, the weather was gorgeous and we had a BBQ at my mom's for dinner. We finished up our backyard, took out Alexis' bike and headed to moms for a terrific dinner of steaks, baked potatoes, fresh strawberries, tuna macaroni salad, grapes, corn and a few beer. After walking off the food we went home for a relaxing night watching movies and catching up on my reading. Unfortunately today Jeff had to work, so it ended up being a very girlie day. Alexis and I woke up late, had Honeycomb cereal for breakfast, went shopping, had Wendy's for lunch, went shopping some more, then headed home to relax for a bit before Sam came over. I bought two gorgeous pairs of shoes, two necklaces, a bracelet, a pair of earrings, four pairs of pants, two tops and a jacket. I love them all. I know I should have waited for the pants, but I bought them a little small in hopes they'll last me through the summer. It is so hard for me to find clothes I like, and I was just so happy they all looked good on me...and my bum.
On a little side note here...why does everyone assume that because you've got a bigger waist, you must also have an enormous ass? This is not the case with me. I've got this tiny little bum that never fits right in pants.
Sam got here around 1:30 and we all decided to play Toy Story Mania on Wii. After kicking butt on that for awhile, we got a message from Nat and Steve saying they were back from their Easter weekend at Nat's mom's, and did we want to come over for a bit? I didn't have to pick up Jeff from work until 4, so we headed over there for an hour to chat. After picking up Jeff we went to Jay and Jenny's for (yet another) Easter dinner of turkey and ham. It was delicious.
After finally making it back home, and after Lacey and Adam stopped in to show us Adam's new Subaru, here we are. I'm sitting in front of my laptop, writing my blog. I am probably at least 2lbs heavier then I was on Thursday, and I feel pretty damn good. I know I ate too much this weekend. I also know that I really did to a ton of exercise to counteract the extra food. We went for countless walks and we spent the whole day working on the backyard on Saturday. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't gain any weight, I also didn't lose any this week either. I had such a terrific weekend. From Thursday night right up until 9pm tonight, our weekend was filled with our terrific families, our fantastic friends, great times and even greater food. Although this is not exactly unusual for us, it is definitely the first time that I really got to concentrate on our friends and families and not on the food. The food was still a big part of the weekend, but it wasn't the main part. I didn't feel overwhelmed by the food, I didn't feel like the food was controlling what I did. I truly got to concentrate on the people I was with, the things we were doing. I got to be happy without worrying what everyone was thinking about what I ate. I threw it all out their on the table when I started this blog. I no longer worry what people think I weigh, I already told them. I no longer care what people think about what I eat. Everyone I know now knows exactly what I feel and think when I eat. It is the single most liberating thing I've ever done. I am so proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WOOHOO to friends and family.... it was a great weekend best weekend ever... and i agree... for once i didn't think about what i was eating i just ate it... and i didn't care about the consequences because i was having a great time... i can't wait to do it again.... summer time soon....
ReplyDelete