I don't know how many of you listen to Hot 89.9 in the mornings, but seriously, everyday I kill myself laughing during the morning show. This morning on the way too work, as I was 'busting a gut' I got to thinking about how many calories you could be burning while laughing. Which then got me thinking, how many calories can you burn doing ordinary day to day things. So I compiled a list of fun things you can do on a daily basis to help you burn off a few more calories.
1. Eat spicy food. The heat actually makes you burn 100 calories more.
2. Turn the shower of cold for 20 seconds before you get out. It burns another 100 calories or so.
3. Drink a glass of ice water before working out. It burns another 100 calories.
4. Eat Celery. Celery has a negative caloric intake. You actually burn calories while eating it.
5. Fidget. Tap your foot/fingers/pen. Move around in your seat. Bob to the music. People who fidget actually burn an extra 300 calories more a day then people who don't.
6. Breath through your nose, not your mouth. It regulates your heart beat and ups your endurance.
7. Kiss someone ;)
8. Stand on your tip toes while brushing your teeth.
9. Get enough sleep. Adults who sleep for at least 6 hours a night burn 40% more calories than those who don't.
10. Drink hot green tea (minus the cream/milk/sugar/sweetener) to flush your system and boost your resting metabolism.
Once again, I want to thank everyone for continuing to support me in this journey. I feel like I've been doing this forever, but it hasn't even been three weeks yet.
16 Days Down
432 Days to Go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment