Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a Small Town Girl

Let's start off by saying that I really dislike musicals. All the singing and breakout dancing kills me. Other than 'Summer Lovin' and 'Your the One That I Want' I fast forward through all of Grease's songs. Same with Hairspray, Chicago, etc.
That being said, I absolutely adore Glee. The acting is terrific and the singing is crazy good. There was a lot of hype surrounding the premiere of Glee last fall, so Jeff and I decided to PVR it and take our time watching it. Needless to say we were both hooked after the first episode. I'm the type of person who usually waits for a few seasons of the show to be out on DVD before I even start to watch it because I hate cliffhangers and I hate hate hate waiting. I started watching 24 after the fifth season finished, I started watching House MD just this past year, I started watching Gilmore Girls last year as well, and I have just started watching Prison Break (fantastic!). So clearly it's not common for me to start watching a show before the season is available on DVD, but for some reason, Glee gets to me.
I'm so wrapped up in the Puck/Quinn/Finn baby drama, the Finn/Rachel romance, the Mr. Shue/Terri/Emma love triangle and of course, How Sue C's it. I'm a Gleekster to the core! Jeff bought me both Cd's for Christmas and the DVD for New Years. I listen to the Cd's all the time in the car; I had to drive home from Oshawa at the beginning of January, it ended up taking me 8 hours because of the traffic and snow, and I all I listened to on the way home was Glee. I sang the female lead in Midnight Train.

"Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere
A singer in a smokey room
The smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on..."

I adore that song! I think I sound a lot like Lea Michele (Rachel), Jeff says I sound more like the people they make fun of at American Idol. He's just jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment