Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday, Good Food

Today is Good Friday. I'm not a person that believes in religion. Any religion. I believe in a God and I pray to that God. I consider myself a very spiritual person, I just don't belong to one religion. I've read The Bible and The Koran. I've studied Judaism and Buddhism and I get extremely insulted when someone assumes I'm just ignorant. I love conversing about religion with others. I work in customer service so I get to meet tons of different people who believe in many different religions, and I'm always interested in what they say.
Nat (our neighbour) is Anglican, Steve is Orthodox and Tamara, Chloe and Devin are Catholic. The one day a year they don't eat meat was today. Anyone who knows Jeff knows that it's nearly impossible for him to go a single meal without meat, let alone a whole day, but we decided to try.
Nat and Steve had us over for a delicious Brunch this morning. We had homemade crepes, waffles, quiches, whipped cream, fresh fruit, my daddy's maple syrup and delicious homemade blueberry sauce. Steve and Nat made it all with all natural, low fat/calorie, healthy food. It was amazing! I definitely ate too much, but since it was breakfast and lunch put together, I let myself get away with it. After we finished eating we decided to run to Costco in Quebec and pick up some beer for tonight. We are having a little get together at Nat and Steve's. We decided to have veggie pizza for supper before everyone gets here. I love veggie pizza! Such a delicious way to not eat meat.
It was a great day today. It was a Good Friday with good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment