This past week some people have started noticing my weight loss. First there was my neighbour Bev, who on Thursday morning, asked me if I'd lost any weight. Then there was my sister-in-law, Jenny, who told me I looked great on Thursday evening and then on Friday morning my mom told me that she could already notice the weight loss. Today we ran over to Bayshore to pick up a few things, and I decided to shop around a little. I think I got too excited about everyone noticing my weight loss, because I ended up picking out clothes that I wouldn't normally wear. I picked out a bunch of stuff in my size and a size smaller than I usually wear. Of course, since it's not even been two weeks, I definitely didn't drop a full size, so the clothes we're too tight. Does anyone know how discouraging it is to sit in a change room full of beautiful clothes knowing that none of them fit you? For me, it's probably one of the worst feelings in the world. Knowing I can afford the clothes, knowing how to put an outfit together, but not being able to do it because none of it looks right on my body.
I really hate clothes shopping right now. I think I'll wait at least another month before I try on any more clothes. I feel so good right now, but in reality, there has barely been a change in my body at all, and it's not healthy to dwell on that fact. I need to stay focused on the way I feel, not the way I look right now. I feel good, I feel healthy and I feel like I'm making good changes in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I totally know the feeling of sitting in dressing rooms and hating yourself. It's the worst.
ReplyDeletethe worst is when your right in the middel... your size fits when you first put it on but by the end of the day your pants are falling off... but if you go for the smaller size they are just too tight to try and strech them out .... man i totally hear you on that one...
ReplyDelete