Four mornings down, three to go before I get to weigh myself again. I've restrained from weighing myself 5-8 times a day (as I usually do) and have decided to weigh myself once a week, on Monday mornings. I've always known it's a destructive habit to weigh yourself more than once a week, let alone 5 times a day, but it was important for me to know what I weighed before and after each meal, and the difference between first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. I used to weigh myself fully clothed and completely naked. I used to obsess bout every 0.1 of pound until it drove me nuts. When I say 'used to', I mean last week.
I ate pretty well yesterday. I had 2 cups watermelon for breakfast (not the best, but better than eating nothing), and I ate a whole wheat English muffin with 1/2 tbsp of light peanut butter and 1/2 oz cheddar cheese for lunch. Then came supper. We decided (along with Nat and Steve) to have a turkey dinner last night. We did a pretty good job at keeping everything healthy. We bought low carb potatoes (only 14g/serving) and whole wheat buns, we mashed turnips and carrots with skim milk, we mashed our potatoes with fat free sour cream and skim milk, we skimmed a ton of extra fat off the gravy and when Steve carved the turkey he took out every piece of skin and fat (much to my disappointment). We didn't change everything though...we still had stuffing (although not cooked inside the turkey), gravy and Steve may have glazed the unmashed carrots and turnips with brown sugar and honey. I filled half my plate with the carrots and turnips (only a small scoop of the candied carrots), I had 3 slices of turkey, a small scoop of mashed potatoes, one whole wheat bun, a (large) scoop (or two) of the stuffing (Steve makes a great freaking stuffing), a spoonful of gravy and two large spoonfuls of cranberries. That is how I measured my Turkey Dinner; in spoonfuls, scoops and slices. I had one plate, it was delicious, I didn't want to die of stomach pain after, and I felt good about the choices I made. Although far from a perfect dinner and perfect measuring, it was a huge (and perfect) step in a good direction for me. Most turkey dinners consist of me starving myself the whole day of, then eating two plates, stuffing myself until I can't walk. It would then consist of me going to pass out on the couch because of a stomach ache. Tonight, after eating, I felt great, I didn't feel sick, I didn't go lay down and I did all the dishes...by hand (and I didn't even mind).
A very huge thank you to Jeff, Nat and Steve for a) helping me make the healthiest turkey dinner I've ever eaten, b) Encouraging me to stay on track as much as possible and c) feeding me oranges when I really wanted the spicy Doritos.
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment