Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Twenty-Five Percent

Fresh off the success of last week, I ruined my Tuesday by eating Harvey's for lunch. Go me! Tuesday was a bad day. It got off to a bad start, moved to a worse middle and ended on a 'Thank God today is over' note. In my hurried state yesterday morning, I forgot to bring my breakfast and lunch to work. I skipped breakfast altogether, and by lunch I was starving. No excuse because I could have gone to Subway for a 6-inch turkey on whole wheat, but instead I used my starving-ness to eat at Harvey's. Going to Harvey's for lunch and blaming it on my bad day is exactly what I normally do...but since my whole plan is to get out of my comfort zone and make myself healthy, normal, in this case, is bad.

So after a stressful day at work and a horrible, tummy aching lunch, my 'genius' plan was to come home and skip dinner. Of course, by 6:30pm I was starving, so I helped myself to a bowl of Kraft Dinner (completely nutritionally challenged), an apple (not bad) and 1/2 cup of chocolate fondue to dip my apple in (completely negates the apple, and then some). On the bright side, I ate it all before 7:00pm. Amanda's grades for Tuesday March 23rd - 25/100.

I eat when I'm emotional, especially emotionally low. What my body doesn't seem to understand is that after I eat bad foods, I feel worse. After eating 'supper' last night, I had stomach cramps, a headache and I felt tired. My body refused to cooperate with me. Not that my body was 'working at it's prime' last week, but I get what athletes mean when they say they 'eat to fuel their bodies'...my body was not fueled last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment