Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things

Fresh off the success of this past week, I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm doing about my weight. Small, simple changes seem to work the best for me. I made a promise to myself that I would try to get out at least twice this week to walk, as well as to make an effort to move more during the day. I made it out three times to walk, twice I went with Nat, and once with Harvey. I also ran my butt off at the party on Saturday, parked as far away as possible from the stores in the parking lots, and forced myself to climb up and down my stairs at least 5 times each day. The little bit of extra effort I put in seemed to pay off. I didn't make myself sick, I wasn't dizzy, nauseous, starving, making myself throw up or stuffing pills down my throat. I took information that I've known for a long time and put it into everyday use. I didn't restrict everything yummy from my diet. When I snacked, I snacked in moderation and I put in the extra effort to move my body to work off any extra calories. Last week, as you'll recall in a couple of my blogs, I fell off the 'wagon' and snacked on not-so-healthy choices. This has happened to me countless times before, but it's what I did after that was different. After 'screwing up' I didn't give up. I didn't decide that the 'whole week' was ruined and that I'd start again next week/month/season/year. I didn't give up. I didn't give up. I didn't give up. That, right there, is what I'm most proud of out of everything that happened last week. Giving up is what stopped me in the past. Not giving up makes me happy now. Not giving up is what will save my future.

Monday's Eating Journal

Breakfast:
2oz Homemade Guacamole - 100cal
11 Organic Blue Corn Tostitos - 250cal

Lunch:
Weight Watchers Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti - 320cal
Weight Watchers Strawberry Shortcake - 170cal

Supper:
1 cup Chicken Pad Thai - 380cal
1 small Fat Free Chocolate Yogen Fruz frozen yogurt: 110cal

Total Calories : 1330

No comments:

Post a Comment